On November 4, 2019, the Village of Lansing Trustees voted to join the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) Climate Smart Communities Program.
The CSC Coordinator serves as a point of contact with NYSERDA for the CSC program and facilitates project implementation and documentation.
CSC Task Force
- Ronny Hardaway, Task Force Chair and Trustee Representative
- Randy Smith, Trustee Representative
- Simon Moll, Board of Zoning Appeals Representative
- Mike Scott, Village Code Enforcement Officer
- Darby Kiley, Tompkins County Planning Department
- Terry Carroll, Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Osamu Tsuda, Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Katherine Herleman, Village Resident/CCE
- Andrew Foster, Village Resident/CCE
The CSC Taskforce is charged to evaluate, recommend, and implement the appropriate CSC Pledge-Element Actions for the Village of Lansing. To track their progress, refer to the CSC Action Tracking page.
|PE1: Build a climate-smart community.|
|PE2: Inventory emissions, set goals, and plan for climate action.|
|PE3: Decrease energy use.|
|PE4: Shift to clean, renewable energy.|
|PE5: Use climate-smart materials management.|
|PE6: Implement climate-smart land use.|
|PE7: Enhance community resilience to climate change.|
|PE8: Support a green innovation economy.|
|PE9: Inform and inspire the public.|
|PE10: Engage in an evolving process of climate action.|
Upcoming Task Force Events
No upcoming Task Force events at this time.
CSC Task Force Minutes Archive
|doctype||Click to open minutes document||Document Date (for sorting)||visible|