Village of Lansing Greenway Plan
In August 2015, the Village of Lansing Board of Trustees determined that a committee should be formed to review and update the Village’s 1994 Greenway Plan. The Greenway Plan Update Committee held its first meeting in September 2015. The committee held scheduled public meetings approximately monthly, and between meetings committee members reviewed the 1994 Greenway Plan, updated information, and drafted this plan.
The Greenway Plan is a guide for the development and use of a comprehensive network of parks, natural habitats, and recreation systems consisting of pathways, walkways, park land, and designated green or open space areas within the boundaries of the Village of Lansing. The plan provides the Committee members’ recommendations to the Village’s Board of Trustees for short-term and long-term goals related to maintaining greenways and providing public access to those greenways.
Greenway Committee Members
The following individuals contributed time, talent, and effort to the Village of Lansing Greenway Committee to create this updated Greenway Plan.
- Larry E. Bieri, Community Representative
- Katrina Binkewicz, Lansing Town Board Representative
- Phil Dankert, Community Representative
- Deborah Dawson, Planning Board Member and Secretary
- John Dennis, Community Representative
- John Gillott, Planning Board Member
- Ronny Hardaway, Trustee Member and Greenway Committee Chair
- Lynn Leopold, Board of Zoning Appeals Member
- Monica Moll, Community Representative
- Gerry Monaghan, Trustee